Sunday 20 October 2013

Children's name drawings

I've just become great auntie to twins - a girl and a boy - my youngest niece gave birth on Thursday last week. I had no idea what to buy as a present for them - I went baby clothes shopping, but everything was pale blue or pale pink, and I a) don't like those colours in clothing, b) haven't met them yet so I don't know what would suit them and c) what if I bought them something their parents didn't like?

In the end, I decided to go with what I know and drew their names on some watercolour paper, coloured them in, then framed them. Here they are:







They were really easy to do, only took a short while, and so I'm also doing another for a fundraising page on FaceBook, called A Mile Of Rainbows - parents raising money to fund their daughter's physiotherapy - she has cerebral palsy. They are holding a fundraiser tonight at 8:00 pm UK time, and I've offered to draw a child's name as a prize. Check it out on FB!

No comments:

Post a Comment