Friday 14 January 2011

Professor Layton and Luke

This is the final painting for Josh, who is hosting a charity event in Cardiff for World Bicycle Relief (for information: www.worldbicyclerelief.org/about_us/index.php). His email for more information is josh@ampersandevents.eu .


I love the Professor Layton games, puzzle games are my favourite games, I think. Here's the source image and pencil outline:



There's something about the style of Professor Layton, its one of my favourite games to paint. The backgrounds can be quite complex, so for this, I decided just the figures of the Professor and Luke would work, as they are only postcard sized.




This painting grew quite quickly, I think it only took about an hour from start to finish to do.


Here it is complete except for the inking in of the character outlines, and whoops, a bit of finger and ring appeared, as well.





As I said earlier, I'm going to take another picture of all 4 paintings tomorrow, in natural light, as the flash was too bright. This has been taken without the flash, so appears slightly darker than it is. Inking in the characters really changes the image. I much prefer them inked in.


If you would like to bid on this painting, please email your bid to Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment